Rules and regulations
- We ref ourselves and penalties will be called as seen fit by the captain or assistants. All offenders will be asked to sit until a full two minutes. This means you will miss a full shift if you are hauled off the floor. If you jump back on early, you will be pulled off to sit again for two minutes.
- Fighting will not be tolerated anywhere on the premises. You will be banned from league play, end of story, and you will not get your money refunded. This also applies to punching another player.
- No spearing, slashing, cross-checking, checking from behind and butt-ending someone with the stick. Anyone caught do this intentionally, will face punishment.
- No body checking. A little contact is okay around the net or the corners so long as you are playing the ball, but keep it to a minimum.
- No holding a player or another player’s stick. The offending player will be asked to sit and his team will lose possession of the ball.
- Gloves are mandatory. You may use only hockey, broomball or lacrosse gloves. No work gloves or bare hands. It is for your own protection.
- All disputes on the floor – including goals, penalties or out of play balls – will be handled by the captains or assistants. The board has the final say on all matters.
- Goal judges will be appointed for each game. Their calls are final, so there will be no arguing over whether it was a goal or not. Continuing to argue after the call, could result in a game ejection.
- No sliding, though you can drop to block shots. We are just playing for fun and want to reduce injuries.
- If the ball hits the backboard or the divider screen on the ceiling, it is declared a dead ball, and it will turned over to the opposing team.
- After the goalie covers up the ball, you must give the defending player a three seconds behind the net to play the ball. If the goalie plays the ball in front of the net, then it is considered in play and is fair game.
- Goalies cannot cover up the ball behind the net. (including through the mesh)
- No hand passes in or into the offensive zone.
- No gloving the ball, meaning you can not close your hand around the ball.
- No stepping on the ball in the corner, along the wall or around the net. Offending team will lose procession of the ball.
- Hockey Helmets are mandatory.
- Face protection is not enforced, though for the purpose of full coverage through insurance, you will need to have a full cage or full visor. Half visor is only partially covered.
- Hitting the ball or knocking it down with a high stick will result in a loss of possession.
- No tape on the blade of the stick
- No black-soled sneakers
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted in or on premises. We do not want to lose the use of the facility.
- Do not cross the floor during a game. You are to remain on one side of the gym until the games ends or there is a break in the game.
- If the clock is stopped due to injury, the injured player must sub off for at least one full shift.
The FBHL committee reserves the right to take disciplinary action against any player who fails to comply by the rules and regulations as previously stated. Failure to comply could result in a suspension and/or possible termination from the league.
Let’s enjoy another fun, safe and competitive season!